On the plane the other day I came across a list that I had made about my goals for this deployment. It was not a long list, but probably ten things. Well, I didn't accomplish many of them...ok I didn't accomplish nine of them. Instead of getting upset (old Micki fashion) I made a list of things I did accomplish. Here it is:
1. Survived for almost 7 months as a single parent of a two year old
2. Maintained sanity while taking care of said child.
3. Repaired the washing machine to working order, BY MYSELF!!!
4. Fixed my own headlught, ok...so the guy helped me get the casing in and out...but I replaced the light on my own!
5. Replaced the filter in the water machine on my own.
6. So far, painted half of the office.
7. worked out at the gym as much as I could
8. Didn't gain too much weight
9. Taking a dance class I never would envision myself taking
10. Increasing my self confidence in my abilities
I don't know about you, but I am proud of my list. I have made it. Although I am not at the end of the road, I am pretty darn close. I can't wait to see my husband!!
If you get a chance, check this out. My father in law sent the link to Eric. I love it!
http://www.gratitudecampaign.org/fullmovie.php
No comments:
Post a Comment