I think for a military family, Memorial Day has an even more special meaning. We realize that we are grateful for the past, thankful for the present, and hopeful for the future. I have our flag hung outside with pride. I have occasionally looked at photographs of family members in uniform. Today is a day to remember those sacrifices so many have made. Not just the miltary men and women, but their families. Both Eric and I have grandparents that fought in World War II. I wonder if the feelings of doubt and anger surrounded that war as they surround the war we are fighting today. I have begun a sentence here so many times, only to erase it. The negative anger coming from it is not fair. I realize that some don't support this war, and that is ok...that is their opinion. Some don't support our military, and that is ok too. But these brave men and women have protected their freedoms. That makes me so proud to know that my husband is part of that. It makes me proud knowing my husband is selfless, courageous and committed to something larger than his self.
You may not agree with me, you may get angry at what I say, but before you do...look inside yourself and decide if you are thankful that you are free to have that opinion that you do have. And if you discover that you do have that freedom, and are not going to be punished....then think of those that have put themselves on the line to give you that freedom. Thank someone that has served for our country.
No comments:
Post a Comment