I realized that this was started to let everyone know how Eric is doing while he has been deployed, but it has ended up being about me. For those of you wanting to know how Eric is doing, I apologize. Truth is, I don't know what he is doing down there. One difficulty with having your husband in the military is that there are a lot of things he can't even tell me. I am not quite sure what is worse...knowing what he is doing, or letting my imagination run wild! Some people have gotten the experience of being with me when my mind starts to take control. Not a pretty picture! When he returns there will be a lot that he knows and can't share with me. The hard part will be not taking it personally.
Some have asked me when he returns. I don't know yet. I have been given a range of dates, and we are hoping that he comes home then. Right now the plan is for me to meet him when he gets off the bus. I don't think Clair is going to go with me, unless the time he gets in will allow him to come home for a few days. Even when he gets "home" he will have to report back to the unit for a few days of debriefing. I plan to stay with him in Tacoma during this time. I bought tickets the other day for the "first Kiss" raffle. The winner gets to have their husband, boyfriend, father, son, whomever be released first. I hope I win!!!!
Thank you to those who have supported me through this. It has not been an easy road, and it is not over yet. There will be a lot to adjust to once he is home. I appreciate the love and support that I have recieved. So many people have been understanding when I have had to have the munchkin join me on outings or needed to get some days off from work (thanks again John, Gretchen and Melissa!) I am just so lucky to have a great support system. Thank you.
And to my fellow spouses....HAPPY MILITARY SPOUSES DAY!!!!. To my fellow nurses, HAPPY NURSES WEEK!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment