Sunday, June 22, 2008

Finally Updating

Sorry for the lack of updating. It has been two crazy weeks!

The homecoming was very exciting! I spent the last night with a few of the wives before they arrived. It was a night where we were constantly saying "in so many hours...." or "twenty four hours from now...." Thankfully we had each other to keep occupied. We only got about four hours of horrible sleep. Saturday we got more wives together to get some lunch. None of us could eat we were so excited....and then a man in uniform came into the restaurant. We all swooned.

Sure enough they were late....about two and a half hours! It was immensily exciting in the gym at the NRC (the base). We were all giddy with excitement. We took a trip to Starucks after verifying multiple times we were not going to miss the arrival. When we got back to the base we decorated the cars with paint. While I was decorating ours, their plane flew over us.

For those of you that didn't know, I won "first kiss," so Eric got off the bus first and we got to kiss first. It was great. And we caught it on video. It was on the Tacoma/Seattle news. It was the best feeling in the world. I can only compare it to when we first starting dating. I couldn't wait to see him. It was a beautiful reunion. .......

okay, I am tired. Will tell the rest of the story later.

No comments: