Monday, June 23, 2008

Reunion

Ok, sorry for the cliffhanger yesterday. It has been a busy few days, and by the time I get to the computer I am exhausted.

Well, before the buses pulled in I was interviewed on the news. They actually used part of it. It was great to see the blue buses pull around the corner. Then they pulled into the parking lot. I didn't know where I was supposed to be. So at that time I was in the middle of everyone waiting. When the bus went past us I saw Eric kneeling in the front. At that moment my stomach was a complete flutter. My wedding day was one of the two happiest days of my life, but this was definitely a VERY close third. The omsbudsmen called me over and I literally ran (yes...in heels and a strapless dress) around the corner of the bus right into Eric's arm. Seeing him was amazing, but the feelings of being in his arms was indescribable. It didn't matter that it was only 50 degrees outside and I was only wearing the strapless dress....my body was filled with warmth! After some aimless wandering in a sea of desert camis and famililies we were asked by another televsion station if we could be interviewed. We said yes....

ALERT: some content may be inappropriate for children.....
The newsman asked us "so what is the first thing you are going to do now that you are home." Ok....innocent question. But for one, he was talking to a man seperated from his wife for six months, and two he was asking a man seperated from his wife and living with all men for six months. I looked at Eric, who looked at me....and we shared that "he can't be serious look." It was that point that every soldier around us and the cameraman started laughing, which then caused us to laugh. Then the newsman finally realized what he had asked, and rephrased it to "ok, so what is the second thing you are going to do." Note: the first thing we did was go to Dairy Queen for blizzards. :)

Eric had to stay in Tacoma until Tuesday, so I stayed in the hotel with him. It was a lot of fun, and a good chance for us to reconnect. It was weird knowing all my Coastie wives were around, and we weren't hanging out. Monday morning our guys had to report early, so three of us got together for Starbucks and a shopping trip to Ikea. Tuesday we headed home.

Tune in later for the reunion with Clair.....who by the way is sick, AGAIN! So I am going to bed in preparation for an early morning with her.

No comments: