Thursday, January 24, 2008

Didn't Get Arrested :)

Sorry for the lack of updates....it has been a busy week. I worked Thursday and Friday, then went to Seattle Saturday and Sunday, then back to work Monday and Tuesday! I am just trying to get back to my groove. Clair is also off...she was up at 6 am today!

The CG wives night was so much funny. Babs had a really good time! (For those of you who don't know Babs, she is my alter ego). I now have a wonderful group of women who have a pretty good idea what I am going through. And it makes it a little easier knowing that someone else is having similar problems. I must say, those military wives on bases have got one thing going for them, they are all in a really close vicinity to each other! There were two women from Eastern Washington there...and me, the rest were all from the Seattle/Tacoma area. Oh yeah....did you know that Sea/Tac is actually a city! I almost had Eric convinced that I had a tattoo. It was kind of entertaining to see him trying to determine if I was telling the truth over the webcam.

With things being so busy, I have had only a little time to really think and realize that Eric is gone...and will be for a few more months. I think yesterday it really hit me again. (Funny, these emotions can sometimes come out of nowhere!!!) Clair had said something, and it really struck down to one of my worst fears, it was actually something that a child would not normally say. I started crying, and before I knew it so many emotions were released. The flood gates just blew open. It felt really good to cry though. I got an unexpected phone call from Eric, it was so nice to hear his voice. I heard him laugh...those little things in his voice that tell me how he is feeling. Then I got to chat with him on the webcam. We are having some technical difficulties though getting them to works so we can hear each other. Seeing his face though is just fine by me!!!

The deer are back! There have been backyard sightings the last three days. Aside from things being frozen around here...I love living in the country!

Please keep Eric's stepmom, Gloria and her family in your prayers. Today is her mother's funeral. Grandma Irene was an amazing woman! She was very active until her last few days. Now she is reunited with her husband, parents and brothers and sisters.

No comments: