Saturday, February 2, 2008

Busy...and fun week

The snow has been coming down in the Pacific Northwest. It started last Sunday. We have been waking up to snow in the morning, and by mid-day it would be melted. But Monday Clair and I slid down the driveway in our tobagans. It was so much fun! By Thursday we were just down to rain...rain, oh and did I mention more rain. But this morning there was snow in the driveway and I was glad I had the truck. It is snowing on Pill Hill, and I am just hoping I won't be stuck here overnight! Oh well...if that is the case, and some people can't get in guess it just means more money! Oh and did I mention that Eric is swimming as I type this!

Work has been a saving grace for me this week. This past week and a half has been by far the hardest. I really am missing Eric right now. It is getting more difficult to think about how long he is going to be gone. Last night I missed him so much I sprayed some of his body spray on my sweatshirt....and today the same thing, and everytime I really start to miss him I sniff my arm. (I know...kind of cheesy, but it is helping). I am starting to think of things to do though when he comes home....the list is getting fun! (Apparently I am not on a list maker, but a planner) So although this homecoming is still over 4 months away, I am planning!

We received word this week that the rest of the detachment has gotten there (aka the rest of the security division). Plus we are now officially 1/3 of the way done! Not halfway yet...but getting there. There is another wives get together in 2 weeks, and I am really looking forward to that. I actually was supposed to be at a conference in San Diego, and I cut that a little short.

For those of you getting snow....ENJOY!!!

No comments: