Tuesday, February 19, 2008

This Came At the Right Time

It was a rough night. I must say that one of the most positive things that has come out of this deployment is that I met a group of the most amazing and wonderful women. This came from one of them. I think what makes this so much harder is that so many people don't understand what I am going through. And sometimes the one thing that would make me feel better is just a hug. Honestly, I know when people say "well at least he isn't in Iraq" they are trying to make me feel better. Yes, Cuba is an amazing place to be stationed, but there is still danger. The only thing that would make me feel more comfortable is having him stationed right here, at home. And yes...he is only gone six months, but for me it will be seven. But in the military, you get to go home for leave for any deployment over six months. So this is the worst!!! I have not seen my husband in 82 days. I have not felt his touch. I have not smelled him when he gets out of the shower, or when he goes for a run. I have not been able to cry on his shoulder after a bad day. I miss cooking him dinner, or baking him cookies that he will get to eat while they are still hot. I have realized how many things I have taken for granted. My heart misses him. My Coastie girls know these feelings. They understand that when out of nowhere the tears will just start flowing, and they can't be contained, and there is no logical reason for them. They reach out and can touch the places that no one else can seem to reach. They know the pain, they know the feelings and they no what helps. I never would have met them in such a way had this not happened. It is one reason I am glad it happened. I know that probably seems like a contradiction to what I have been saying. But without them, I would not make it through this deployment. They have become more than friends....they have become sisters. and I would do anything for anyone of them. So to you beautiful ladies....thank you.


Prayer for the Coast Guard Wife

Dear Lord,
Give me the greatness of heart to see,
The difference between duty and his love for me.
Give me the understanding so that I may know,
When duty calls him he must go.
Give me a task to do each day,
To fill the time when he's away.
When he goes out to see,
Please bring him safely home to me.
When he must fly so high,
Watch over him and keep him nigh.
When he's in a foreign land,
Keep him safe in your loving hand.
When duty is in the field,
Protect him and be his shield.
And Lord, when deployment is so long,
Please stay with me and keep me strong.

No comments: