Monday, February 11, 2008

Where is Micki?

Sorry for the lack of updates. It has been a busy, busy few weeks around here. I worked 8 out of 9 days last week. I didn't plan it that way, but somehow I felt compelled to "take one for the team" since we were really short. Some nasty illnesses have been running rampant through the nursing staff, and some how until recently I was able to avoid it. Clair got sick Wednesday and is still battling a horrible runny nose and cough. I was able to hold off until yesterday when it felt like I had been run over by a very large truck. Usually I wake up sick, well I woke up with a tickle and felt the progression of the cold go through me throughout the day. Which was a major bummer because one of the other Coastie wives was driving through and we were going to have coffee together. I went to bed really early last night with Clair, and well wasn't too horrible when I woke up. So hopefully it was just a touch of a cold, and I will be better by Wednesday.

Wednesday I go to San Diego! I am really excited. I will be there for two days for a bone marrow transplant conference. Then Friday I fly up to Seattle for another Coastie Wives get together. I can't wait for that.

So the 2nd detachment got down to GTMO at the beginning of the month, so Eric's division is now down there. He has had a change up in his shcedule, so he is working more and different hours. I don't know what he is doing now, and probably won't due to operational security. But I do know that we are almost to the halfway point!!!! Hmmm, I better get all that purple and pink paint on the walls before he gets home ;) I think I am finally hitting that adjusted stage of the deployment. I miss him, and when things go really bad, I really miss him. But right now I can handle things on my own. I even fixed a random noise on the freezer! My next project is getting those child locks on some of the cupboards and switching out some of the door handles for ones with locks.

Wishing everyone a Happy Valentines Day!!!!

No comments: