Friday, January 11, 2008

It's A Twister...A Twister!

So who would have thought that in the middle of January, I would be in not one...but two tornado watches? And in two different states! I went on a spur of the moment mini trip to Illinois last week. I stayed in a town the equivalent of Philomath to Portland. It was a relaxing trip. Just hung out with one of my best friends. No places to be...nothing specific to do. I got to sleep in. The way home though was a different story. I got to Midway airport about four hours before my flight. I was really hungry, so I wandered through the terminal for something to eat. I refused to pay $10 for an airport hamburger!!! My flight was supposed to leave at 6:35 pm and get into Portland at 9:05. At 5:45 there was a notice that due to weather conditions the plane would be late getting in. Well at that point I heard the crash of thunder and saw the sky light up! It was beautiful and amazing....except I was in an airport! Then there was a tornado warning. I am afraid of tornadoes...as well as most people should be! The plane was delayed many, many more times. Finally at 10:30 pm we boarded. I got home at 2:00 am on my birthday! I was greeted at the airport by the most adorable red headed little girl in her "princess dresses" with a rose in her hand.

On Tuesday Clair, mom and I celebrated my birthday with Starbucks, oh yes....while sitting there drinking the sweet nectar of the Gods in walks in two firemen! It was if someone had sent them to me. (I have a thing for firemen in case you didn't know!) Then we went to Sweet Tomatoes for a little carbo loading. that was an experience in itself. Clair had once again decided she wanted to wear her dresses to dinner. Oh have I explained that these are two dresses she wears. one on top of the other, on top of her clothes. In addition she had two different shoes on! It was the cutest thing. That and she was running amuk!

Well on Thursday mom, Clair and I went to Les Schwab to get new tires. The weather was nice, so we walked down to Starbucks, which is about half a mile down the road. When we were done with our coffee we walked out and it was raining....so we got Clair something for lunch. Well during that time the storm hit...HARD. The lights were flickering, and finally I decided (after seeing the Little Ceasars Pizza guy was still outside) I decided to run down to get the car. Halfway there I regretted that decision as the thunder hit and lightning struck. While I was checking out at Les Schwab the tornado warning was issued for Clark county. Well we thought we were safe to go down to the mall. More rain hits....yep! There is was, the tornado. We were driving through the band of the tornado. Talk about SCARY!!!! But everything is safe, we are good!

I am still trying to figure out if I am Glenda the Good Witch, Dorothy, the Lion, the TinMan, the scarecrow or the Wicked Witch!

No comments: