"The main party arrived today at 12:25 eastern time after a nine and a half hour flight and a change of three time zones. Upon arrival all were processed thru numerous administrative tasks and briefs for another four more hours." I received this email about two hours ago. Thankfully, I have a wonderful husband that had already alerted me to this fact....three hours earlier! Eric called to tell me that he got there. It was the best sound I have heard today, actually hearing the sound of his voice. He is working on getting his internet set up so we can chat on the webcam.
I went up on Wed. to spend a little extra time with him. Thursday night his roommate Kenneth (both at the hotel and in GTMO) came in. So we had a fun slumber party. Wine and the Newlywed Game....Eric and I know each other too well ;) Friday, well that was another story. Berk and Gloria came up with Clair around 1 pm. So we got checked into the hotel we would be staying in overnight. Then we went to McChord AFB to get the pass for Berk's car so we could enter later that evening. By the time we finished all that, it was time to get ready for the Christmas party at Point Defiance Zoo. It was a great place, Clair loved looking at the fish. I, on the other hand was not doing too well. It didn't help that we didn't win a door prize (I think we are jinxed!!!) After the party it was time to head back to McChord. Eric looks great in his uniform. I am so proud of what he does, and I know this is not easy for him. Clair of course had more energy than all of us, and at 2230 (or 10:30 pm) was running circles. It was odd being in an airport and not having to go through security, and getting to be at the terminal. It was emotional, and very hard. We were able to watch the bus pull out...then go outside to the fence to watch the plane leave. We waited for an hour. A very looooong hour. Finally we watched as our brave husbands, sons, dads, boyfriends and unit members took off. I was "ok" until the plane was completely of the ground and Clair started screaming and crying. She knew where her daddy was, and it wasn't at home with us.
For those of you that want his address down there, let me know. I will email it to you. I will try to keep up on this site with how he is doing. Oh, and despite the snow here....it is 92 degrees there.
No comments:
Post a Comment