Saturday, December 15, 2007

2 Weeks Down.....

I have decided to count the time Eric is away down in weeks versus days or months. Somehow weeks go by weekly, and the number is not so daunting! I was lucky enough to spend most of the evening last night talking with Eric in one way another. It was great!!! My parents had Clair (thank you, thank you, thank you!!!) for the last two days so I could get some things done and work today (which I got cancelled!) So I was able to talk with him uninterrupted.



Eric seems to be settling into the daily life down there. Doesn't sound that exciting...but at the same time he is in another country. Tropical Storm Olga came through the other night. How much in denial am I...I didn't even know there was a TS going through! (When Eric is gone I tend not to watch/listen to too much news). He said it was rainy and windy. There were a lot of boat calls which he dispatched out. Later that night Eric sat on one of the hils and watched the storm over the coastline. Sounded incredibly romantic...and I wish I was sitting by his side watching with him.



Larry the Lizard has been their adopted pet. I think Eric missed Hoss and Larry is getting him by :) Hoss is missing Eric too. I woke up to Hoss snuggled up to my face this morning. The question is, whose breath is better in the morning...Eric or Hoss? (I am kidding!)



Everyone is asking me how I am doing. These past two weeks have been hard to answer that question because sometimes it doesn't seem as though people want to hear how crappy I was feeling. I can now say I am doing fairly well. I woke up yesterday and made my choice. I can spend the next 6 ro 7 months being upset about him being gone, or make the best of it. I had verbally been saying what my choice was for a while, but I finally made the decision in my heart. I got all the frustration out dancing to some good music and got done feeling energized and ready to face this challenge. Not to say I won't have bad days, but I am a work in progress. Yesterday was a great day for me. I focused on me. Instead of the gym...I did my dancing. Then I went and got a 90 min. massage! HEAVEN!!! Then I got my nails down. All my Christmas shopping is finished and I was in the complete Christmas spirit again. I was about ready to burst into song walking through the mall listening to Christmas carols. I can see it now...."who is that crazy lady!"



I hope everyone is enjoying this season...and remember what is most important, family and love!

No comments: