Thursday, November 29, 2007

T minus unable to divulge how long

The one thing about being a military wife tbat I have learned is that information is not always available. Whether the information is known or unable to be talked about I wonder??? Hmmm does Eric really know...is he just telling me he doesn't know so I won't try to get it our of him? I have learned to accept "I don't know" as the answer and that he really doesn't know. Plus it is a lot easier to think that he doesn't know, than that he knows and won't tell me.

During a unit meeting it was beaten...ok wrong word, reitterated (over and over and over) again that when talking about a deployment you never link the who, what, when, where, how (etc...). it is all op-sec (I love all the acronyms...makes me feel like I really know what I am talking about). And so you know op-sec means operational security. So if I am chatting on the phone or email with you....I won't give details that I may be able to tell you, it isn't safe for Eric and his unit. This is all part of the job. So I do know when he is leaving, and it is hurting. I am up in Tacoma with him now. We are getting some couple time in. Well....actually we had a slumber party last night. I am staying in the room with Eric and his roommate. I am becoming an expert in the inner workings of the male mind. Did you ladies know there are unwritten rules of going to the bathroom in a public restroom?? Which don't even get me started on these unwritten rules!!! TOnight Kenneth's (his roommate) wife arrives...so there will be four of us. It should be fun.

So keep us in our thoughts and prayers this weekend. It is going to be a hard one.

No comments: