Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving

We are thankful that Eric will be able to be home with us for Thanksgiving. This is his last trip home before he leaves for GTMO. He has spent the last three weeks in Tacoma. Last weekend was the family deployment briefing. WHEW!!! What a lot of information. There were representatives from any type of agency related to the military you can imagine! And all I wanted to know was were there any restrictions on the number of care packages I can send him. The unit was gracious enough to supply Clair with her own entertainment. She was the only child allowed to run through a massive lake formed from the rain in between two buildings. She enjoyed the splashing, running, driving me crazy. All I could do was laugh even though I just wanted to run in and tell them to shut up, I wanted to spend some precious (and limited) time with my husband! Apparently, the military does not always listen to the wife. I have made the determination that there is not too much estrogen influence in the military.

Our plans this weekend include a family dinner. I love Thanksgiving!!! Friday night Eric and I are heading to downtown Portland to stay in a nice hotel and go out for some "adult" time. Sunday we are going to head to the gorge to enjoy our favorite brunch at Skamania Lodge. You can't beat mimosas overlooking the Columbia River Gorge. Maybe on our way back we will stop at Multnomah Falls. It has been almost 6 years since I have been there.

I will hopefully use this blog as a means to communicate what is going on in our family's life. I am going to apologize in advance that I may not be the greatest (our quickest) responder to emails and/or phone calls.

No comments: