Monday, April 28, 2008

Back Again

What a busy and crazy few weeks. I had an emergency trip to Iowa to be with my Grandma Mary who was in the Critical Care Unit of the hospital. It was a very difficult trip to make, and I was very scared at many times. But Grandma made a good turn around and is doing MUCH better. I am heading back to Iowa in a few weeks again on a planned trip to see my Grandma Patty and my mom's family. It will be mom, Clair and I heading out that time.

Our wine and wig party was this past weekend. It was so much fun. Nothing like donning a wig and somewhat changing your identity to make a girl feel good. We went to an Italian restaurant and enjoyed some wine and really good food (including some good meatballs...YUM!!!) Can't say much more, because what happens at girl's weekend....stays at girl's weekend!!

We are getting into this final stretch of time before Eric gets home. It is so exciting...yet sometimes very hard. I would not be too upset if they got home earlier than expected, but reality is they may come home later. Which has been the difficulty. I had to work really hard to get a few days off after the return date that is "rumored." I thank everyone at work helping me out so much! They really are a great group of people to work with. I am just worried that they will get a delay, and I will have all this time off for nothing...and then I won't get to spend anytime with him. I just can't wait to spend time as a family, him, Clair and I. Snuggling in bed in the morning and eating breakfast together. Oh the dreams!!!!

We are getting closer, and as I work on getting things ready for his return I have a feeling he will be hitting the beach and enjoying that great weather down there. Hope he has his turtleneck ready for the return!

No comments: