Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Tears of Happiness


I love this picture of him...could it be the uniform? There have been a lot of storms there lately.
One more day down. We are forging through our first deployment pretty well if I do say so myself. Knock on wood...we still have two months left. With the snow melted and the sun shining...it really feels like spring again! I was beginning to feel like it was winter time again, meaning it was further from that sunny day that Eric will step off the bus.


Last year, when the thought of a deployment like this was the farthest thing from my mind, I was watching TLC with the shows of welcoming home all the soldiers. There were so many beautiful stories...usually ending with the wife (or wives) and husband(s) in tears....as well as me sitting there on the couch holding kleenex and sobbing. Come on, I know I am not the only one who cries at reunion shows, Hallmark commercials, and Olympic ads. Hmmm.... last night I was watching "The Biggest Loser" and ended up in tears. So how will our reuniom moment be?!? Will he recognize me (he better!!!)? Will I cry (most likely)? Will he pick me up and spin me around (probably not)? But it looks good on tv. How does it work...do I bring him flowers? There are so many questions going through my head about it. I guess that all that matters is that once he is off that bus and in my arms, I am not letting go!!! (At least not for awhile).


As far as Eric goes, he is still doing well. I am sure that the sun and heat are becoming a bore. He has been working a lot the past few days. He is also taking an online course, and that is keeping him busy. He is doing really well. I am so proud of him. A few weeks ago though the laptop (which was fairly new) had something go wrong with it. Since the computer is the only means of communication, I was really upset. Thankfully things worked out, and he was able to get a new one. Which means...i get my own laptop! I am pretty excited about that. Apparently it is able to be sent back, but the turn around is too much time for Eric, who is using it for class.


1 comment:

Berk Moss said...

Yes, the spring days do make it seem like Eric's return is approaching. I don't know about the spinning wives bit. Could be dangerous. I can't picture that McCord AFB lounge with 60 to 70 spinning couples. But, I'll bet there are lots of happy tears.

Glad the computer issue is being resolved.

E's picture looks great.

Love, Dad