I had a great trip to visit E. It completely rejuvenated me and allowed a "reset" of missing him. We have a countdown until the little one and I get to venture down there together to see the final piece of our puzzle of a family. I think there is a possibility of me being driven crazy with a red eye flight and a 6 year on the way down and then a 12 hours of traveling with the same said 6 year old on the way home. Apparently when I booked the flights I was feeling adventurous, or they were the cheapest flights available.
The munchkin and I have been keeping busy. We have Girl Scouts (I say "we" since I am also the leader!), swimming lessons, work, school and soon soccer begins. There are nights when I am just exhausted, and so is she. It leads to either not having the energy to miss E or that it makes missing him that much worse. My house is usually a mess, but thank you to my mom who has helped me so much! (I love my mom!) I am usually late for where ever I am going, it is sometimes like herding a cat to get the munchkin out the door. My brain is always scattered, even more than usual.
E truly misses our dogs. Sometimes I wonder if it is more than he misses me! Bailee Belle and the Little Man miss him too. This past 2 weeks I have had to deal with the Little Man having a flare up of his mega esophagus, and now pneumonia. I am hoping that it stops there, as he could have his back legs go out again like the last time. I really do not need to help a 90 pound dog up and down the stairs. E has become a regular visitor at the Humane Society down the street from his hotel. Hmmm....I wonder if I will be having a 3rd dog in this house by the end of this deployment.
Our journey is now 2 months down. So we are getting closer to being back together. When we visit him we will be over halfway there. Finally there is a glimpse of a light at the tunnel's end. I only wish that I was getting there by train, and not crawling.
No comments:
Post a Comment