Hey y'all! I have been working on my Southern accent down here...and I think I am getting pretty good :) Getting to Mississippi was NOT an easy task though, but I made it, and I am loving it.
Monday afternoon started with a dumping of snow at our house. I slipped up the driveway about three times in our Tahoe with 4WD. After about 15 minutes, you could no longer see the tracks I made coming up the driveway. So I called my boss and let her know how it was looking. At about 8 pm I called her to tell her there was no way I was getting down the hill safely. We were up to about 3 inches. Tuesday morning seemed to warm up so I went out and shoveled the whole driveway (after some sledding with CB). Only to have the temperature drop and an inch of snow on the ground half an hour later. Panic was beginning to set in. Three more inches came down and by 10 pm we have 5 inches of snow. I decided to just get ready, load up on caffeine and go to the airport to hang out. It took me over 2 hours to get to the airport. There was so much snow, and a lot of accidents. For the next three and a half hours I waited at the airport....and waited and waited. Over 24 hours, and no sleep. Then finally I was on the plane. SLEEP!!! Thankfully it wasn't a full flight and I didn't have someone right next to me.
It took only 5 hours to get to New Orleans. When I got there, E wasn't there yet. Oddly I was kind of excited about that...it meant I got to freshen up a little. He then pulled up in the rental car. Just being able to hug him, kiss him and feel his arms around me was amazing.I couldn't stop staring at him. He took me along the coast. It is beautiful. We walked along the beach. I do have to say that there are a lot of Waffle Houses down here. I think they outnumber the Starbucks in downtown Seattle!
Tomorrow we are driving into New Orleans, and going to the French Quarter. He is off, so we will have the whole day to spend together. Tonight, well we will just have to see what kind of excitement we can find!
No comments:
Post a Comment