Dear Deployment Fairy,
I just wanted to tell you that you suck. What is it that you have against military spouses? You seem to feel that suddenly becoming a single parent isn't enough stress, so you add even more unbelievable crap to make a deployment so much more fun. Oh, and the fact that you decide it needs to occur all at once, now that it pure hatred. Seriously, what did I do to piss you off? Please, let me know how I can repair this fragile relationship to make things a little easier.
Sincerely,
A Worn Out Coastie Wife
Let me just say, if you don't know the deployment fairy, I hope you never encounter her. Here is the deal, she is a bitch. I know this sounds harsh.....but really, it is the only way to describe her. She isn't like Karma, because for the most part the deployment fairy hits those that haven't been particularly mean, in fact, they are generally pretty awesome people.
Why this anger towards the DF? Sunday, I misstep on the stairs, and tweak out my back. Pretty much from my neck to my butt, it hurts. Tuesday while trying to get the munchkin to school, our car won't start. THe battery is dead or the alternator is out. Then, the munchkin pulls open a metal door at the pool and tears a chunk of her nail off and slices her big toe. So not only did we drive half an hour to get to swim lessons, we only stayed for 7 minutes. Then we come to today. I am having a rough time. I miss my husband. The crazies seemed to be out at work, and it was super busy. Driving home the speedometer on our other car stops working, and all of a sudden it is telling me I am going 110 mph. If I didn't have a lead foot, and there is a Sheriff that is pretty much just waiting for me to screw up when he is on duty to give a ticket, this wouldn't be such an issue. Then once we get home I have a message from the Y. Apparently the USCG isn't part of their military program, and I will have to start paying for our membership. So one could say the DF completely crapped on me in the past few days.
Up until 3 days ago I was feeling like this isn't so bad. That I was able to stand strong. It seems like the DF decided I needed to be take down a few notches. Well DF, I got some news for you....it is going to take a lot to keep me down.
No comments:
Post a Comment