Ok...I will admit, deployments suck. But to be honest, it isn't all that bad. So here are a few of things I "appreciate" about deployments.....
-The king size bed is ALL mine....well with the exception of the Munchkin (how a 6 year old takes up half the bed is beyond me) and two large dogs. Now that I think about it, there is less valuable sleep real estate than when E is here.
-I am not falling asleep to the theme song to MASH. Instead I am falling asleep to the music Munchkin listens to before bed. It is a lot more relaxing than studio created bombings.
-Do you hear that? Me either! No snoring!!! Except that I enjoy that sound. In fact there have been a few times that I have tried to sneak a recorder to get even just a snippet of him snoring.
-Glee, Deperate Housewives, Grey's Anatomy and Private Practice. NO competition.
-Whatever I want for dinner. Bowl of cereal, no problem! A salad, sure! cheese slices and crackers, you got it. A bunch cookies, no judgement.
-Not being awoken to his alarm clock, oddly enough the ring tone is "Revelry." Instead, "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun"
-No lack of hot water. I can be in the shower as long as I like :)
-I am saving money on tights. Without the necessity of shaving my legs, I can just paint them fun colors and it LOOKS like I am wearing fun tights. Ok, that no shaving streak lasted only 3 days.
Sometimes it is difficult to find some "silver lining" during a deployment. There are times when I can be completely inappropriate, but there are times when that is what is getting me by. I am a it is easier to laugh when all I want to do is cry kind of girl. Now time for a few cookies :)
No comments:
Post a Comment