Monday, December 26, 2011

The Invisible Line

The running joke in our room was "who was over the line?" I always threaten to tape the bed halfway through when "someone" is over their allocated bed space. Of course the same bed hog generally blames the dogs and that is why he must invade my valuable area of the bed, which coincidentally has also been invaded by a large fur animal. Well I have recently discovered that although I have free reign over the bed, I can't sleep on his side. It isn't for lack of trying, believe me, I have tried! I can't even sleep in the middle. Nights are spent curling up in a ball on my small area of mattress. Through out the night I move the pillows to make a large lump on his side of the bed, and reach longingly for him.

That invisible line taunts me. I want to cross it, but I can't. His side of the bed seems to look at me and laugh. Maybe E rigged it so that I wouldn't "steal" his side. Hmmm....that is probably it. Last night the Munchkin slept in our bed with me, and at one point I had to catch myself from falling off the bed when I went to roll over. Instead of going to lie on his side of the bed, I just curled back up in my little ball. Sure, the idea of invading his side of the bed intrigues me but when it come right down to it, I just can't do it. It just doesn't feel right. Instead I will just reach for him on his side of the bed, and one day he will be right back where he belongs. Snuggling right next to me, on my side of the bed.

No comments: