Saturday, February 13, 2010

As Eric Would Say, It Is Groundhogs Day.....

News....I got no stinkin news. I wish I did. We still have no idea when Eric will be coming home. It really makes for a difficult time planning! I will be venturing up to Everett next weekend to visit some of my Coastie wives. I am really excited for that. Running is keeping me sane. There have been some ups and downs, this week mostly downs. The fact that tomorrow is Valentines Day is what is making it harder I think. But yesterday I did come home to a dozen beautiful yellow roses from Eric! Why not red? I much prefer yellow, and they are my favorite! It was a wonderful surprise. I also received a package on Thursday, but that stays between Eric and I ;)

This past week sounded a little different for Eric. He had a day off on Monday. And then on Wednesday he spent at a hospital. He said that he spent the day with a malnourished, dying child. I am sure that this broke his heart and was extremely difficult for him. We do not talk too much about what he sees, or what he does so this is why there is not always a lot to report. He did say there are a lot of rats. It keeps him from sleeping at night, and the other night they caught one the size of our cat.
 
  
 

No comments: