Friday, February 5, 2010

The Dust Cloud is Settling

I have not updated in awhile, not a lot to report on though. Yesterday afternoon I did get to talk with Eric. It was wonderful to hear his voice, and worth every penny of the phone call! We have been able to instant message back and forth, but there is just something about hearing him that brings me comfort.

Eric has been on "the Devils Watch" which is the shift from 1200-1800, or the hottest part of the day (hence the name). Unfortunately, this interferes with him being able to volunteer with the other members of PSU 307 throughout Haiti. He really wishes he could be out there volunteering in addition to his Port Security duties. I am incredibly proud of him and what he is doing and wishes that he could be doing.

Clair and I have settled into our un-routine routine. I am still stressed with my work schedule, and I wish that I did not have to worry about that. Between work, Clair and all around life, I am taking care of someone 24 hours a day. I know there are single moms out there, and this is their normal. But for me it is not. I am not used to it. I admire their ability to do it! Even though I crave the time where the only person I have to worry about is me, when I am able to get it I hate it. I feel so empty and so alone. My mom has been great with helping me take care of Clair, and to allow me to do things like my Team in Training runs. I have not been very good about showing how appreciative I am, but sometimes it is just easier to turn inward when I feel sad.

I do thank those that have offered to help. I really do appreciate it. We are just now getting the dust settled.There still is no word on when he may come home, but we are really hoping that it is soon!

No comments: