Sunday, October 30, 2011

Gearing Up

Here we go, again. Eric is getting ready to go on another deployment. CB doesn't know. I am a little panicked. This is the time that I do not like. Waiting, it makes me anxious and bitchy. When I take a band-aid off, I want it over with...none of this slow pulling crap. Let me begin the process of dealing with him away from our family, because the sooner he is gone the sooner he comes home.

Right now we have no idea when this new adventure begins, or even exactly where he will be. We do know he will be within the United States. I am not sure if this will make it easier, or more difficult to get through. He will be so close, yet so far away. The only things standing between the little and me visiting him is money and schedules. I am trying to work a few extra shifts right now so I can take a few mini trips to see him.

We still haven't told CB. It was easier when she was 2, got harder at 4, and now she is 6. We want to give her enough time to start processing, but not so much time that she gets anxious (where would she get that!) Family time is now a priority. Enjoying lazy days together makes me happy. Watching my two loves together fills me with joy, and at the same time sadness.

My husband makes me proud. This deployment is the best decision for my family right now. And it wasn't an easy decision. There will be people who don't understand the reasoning. We made the decision as a team. Together we will make it through, and this will be more strength added to our marriage. Yes, I may be anxious for my husband to leave....but it is only so that he can get home.

1 comment:

Berk Moss said...

Very proud of all of you. I know that you will let me know what we can do to help.