Tuesday, July 29, 2008

When all else fails....keep doing it!

So apparently there have been some that wished I continued the story. We thought this would be an easy transition back to Civilian life. Ha ha! That is a funny story. I have discovered that with the military there are no easy anythings!

Eric did get to enjoy a nice two and half week break, and we got to enjoy a little family time. That soon ended. We found out that Eric returning to work would not be so easy. He had to re-apply for his security clearance for his Civilian job. What the heck! He has pretty high security clearance for the USCG. So why, when they use the same system does he have to do it again? This was over three weeks ago and we are still waiting to get it back.

At the same time we also found out that Eric had issues from a medical stand point also. A few minor medical issues forced him back on orders. Nothing that any normal person would get too concerned about....but enough for the military to feel like they needed him back in Tacoma. So he went back up and stayed for three weeks. During that three weeks I went up once for our anniversary and then Clair, the dogs and I went up for two nights. It really was not fun! I am glad that we are pretty much finished with this (WE HOPE!!!)

I spent three weeks getting irritated over what was going on, and how messed up things were. It seems that our lives have finally settled into some form of normalcy, although a little different than it used to be. Now I feel a little better about how things were and how they are going. I just look forward to being together with my husband and little munchkin!!!

No comments: