I learned how to use the "Voice Recorder" app on my cell phone yesterday. Best app EVER! I have been trying to find a way to send E some messages with my voice. Well I figured it out. But in classic me fashion, not without a little "hiccup".
Ok, so a little background. I have a 14 year old boy in my head. Not a real boy, but let's put it this way, I laugh when I hear the words "boob" or "fart". When E is on a deployment, this 14 year old boy tends to take over the thoughts of the 33 year old woman that I am. My brain sometimes goes into teenage boy mind set at the drop of a hat. It of course always happens at the most inappropriate times.
Military wives also get creative with ways to stay connected to her spouse. To go much more in detail would violate the "What happens on Deployment, Stays on Deployment" code.
Soooo back to the app. I had told E that I wanted to be able to send him voice messages. My problem was that I guess I wasn't specific enough of some of the reasoning for this. (in my mind it was obvious!) Anyway, so I recorded this message and sent it. The response I got was "Ok, you need to include a note when the message is not socially appropriate." Followed by "Yea....let's just say that I could not sit on the phone fast enough".
Oops. I will spare everyone the details of the message. I spit out my drink when I saw his responses. Then in unusual me fashion, I about crapped my pants. Asking him was he serious? His response, "yes....but don't worry only one little boy asked what that is". Oh my goodness....in my head I picture this sad little boy now scarred for life. Thankfully, E was joking around that a little boy actually said that.
So why did I just share this little story publicly? Because I realize that sometimes my sadness seems to be all that comes through when I write here. I miss E terribly, but the silver lining is that I get to have some of these silly funny moments with my husband. These are moments I cherish. Although I don't recommend someone to pick up one of our cell phones :)
No comments:
Post a Comment