I realized maybe I should explain a little bit about what I write. Sometimes it is just me venting....like last night. I have not yet processed what we are going through, and I had to get some things out. All of my "Things not to say to a military wife..." were mostly things from last time (ie....the beehive old lady at Fred Meyer that felt she needed to tell me that Clair needed a coat on).
And yes....peanut butter sandwiches are gourmet :) In fact, my sandwich last night earned me the "mommy you are the best cook" award, given out by the best judge....Clair Bear.
I appreciate so much right now, it has been a rough week and the dust is settling. I have gotten a few instant messages from Eric today. It has been the only means of communication we have been able to have so far. Eric is seeing things no human being should see. He is still very tired, and sleep for him is difficult to get. I am going to try and find some more information out from the Command as far as how long he is expected to be there, and may possibly cancel our trip to Florida. If things can be refunded due to situation I will cancel it if it is likely he will not be home in time. The look on Clairs face the first time she sees DisneyWorld is something I want him to see in person, and not in a picture. My heart is not into running the Princess Half any longer, and if he is not on the trip with us it would be a very difficult 13.1 miles. I think I will try to figure out another vacation for Clair Bear and me if we do cancel it though. It will be good to get away for a few days.
No comments:
Post a Comment