Saturday, April 14, 2012

Magical Powers

It is truly amazing what I can find that I am able to do and handle when E is away. Like today, I mowed the lawn for the first time. At least at this house, which we have lived in for 5 years. And also to my defense, we have only had said lawn for 4 years. But it has always been E's "job" to mow it. Sure, I COULD do it....but he looks so cute pushing the lawnmower.

When he gets home I am sure that this power to do something will magically disappear as quickly as it came. Along with the powers to handle all the chauffeuring, banking, housekeeping and education schedules, in addition to my own. I hate ladders, but there is a serious need for me to clean the gutters (another job I have never done) as well as changing the batteries in our smoke detectors that were conveniently placed 20 feet off the ground.

We are the down hill slope until my partner comes home, and this house will be in tip top shape. But part of my goal is to have it so that he walks in and say "damn! you rocked it, there isn't anything on my honey-do list!" In reality I need a new pad of paper to fit all of things for him to do on.

No comments: